Welcome to Metro Dog and La Amiga Pet Care! We appreciate your interest in our services. We are here to ensure you and your 4-legged companions can live life to the fullest. If you ever have any questions or requests please feel free to speak with any one of our friendly staff members.
We have found it helpful to give our new clients an idea of what to expect when you arrive for your first visit. You will need to check in with your dog at the Reception desk. A staff member will go over your paperwork (see below) and make sure everything is in order. They may ask you a few questions about your dog’s history and temperament. Then they will do a short visual examination to look your dog over for good health. This process should take no more than 15 minutes.
Next we will introduce your dog to our play floor and a few of the dogs. We are able to section off a portion of our play floor for this purpose. We add a few more dogs at a time to be sure that everyone has time for proper introductions. You are welcome to stay and watch for a little while, but to truly see if we are a good fit for your dog we ask that you not linger long. After a little while we open up the entire play floor for your dog’s enjoyment. They will have plenty of time to play and romp and explore while our staff notes their progress. You are welcome to call and see how the day is going at any time.
When you return at the end of the Trial Day a staff member will take the time to let you know about how the day went. We will send you home with a welcome packet that will help you and your dog to fully enjoy the services we offer.
Trial Day “To Do” List:
The following steps will ensure that you receive the best possible service in the shortest amount of time for your pet’s Trial Day.
- Schedule your Trial Day and time of drop off in advance.
- Bring your completed Application form. This can be downloaded here Click Here to download an application in .PDF format., emailed, faxed or mailed to you as you prefer. Please fill out all sections.
- Bring copies of your Certificates of Vaccination or ask your veterinarian to fax them to us (206) 283-1193 in advance. We require proof of Rabies, Distemper and Bordatella vaccinations as well as a recent negative fecal result (within 90 days).
- Proof of spay or neuter for dogs six months of age or older.
- Please bring a Quick Release or Tabbed Collar. No martingale collars please. These are required for your dog’s safety. We have these available for purchase.
- All guests are required to be on some form of veterinarian recommended Flea Control.
- Don’t forget your dog and leash!!!
- DO NOT bring your dog for a Trial Day, daycare or boarding if your dog is ill. Please contact your vet to be sure it is OK for your dog to be in close contact with other dogs.
Trial days are offered Monday through Friday. Drop off times start any time after 830am.